Monday 29 October 2007

Relationships at Hope London

When I first came to this church I knew that I hoped I could make some friends and meet some nice people that could help me feel comfortable and also feel more settled. I understand that we all want to make many friends and be liked by everyone but that is however impossible. I know good wants us to get along with each other and have a good fellowship but things don't work out the way we want.

We have different personalities, attitudes and sometimes react in different ways. What I have found is that some people may not like us or stand us for no apparent reason. Some people we get to know quite quickly and others
it proves very challenging and takes a very long time, sometimes many months. From my personal experience it is people who are similar and share the same interests that are easy to connect with and get to know.

From my own experience I have come across people who I thought could be a good and close friend but didn't quite work out or actually happen. Some people are quite open and friendly and others can hold back and be quite cautious and resistant. You do get people who are perhaps selective of who they want to talk to or be friends with and others that are completely open. I also believe that maturity, patience and understanding plays a part in friendships. All this helps to build a good and friendly environment.

There are no perfect christian relationships, we make mistakes and hurt others without realising it and sometimes we see some one's reaction as inappropriate or even unacceptable but it may appear normal to them. We may offend others or have some sort of misunderstandings with our brothers and sisters but it is important to be mature at all times. Acting impulsively or aggressively is not something that helps anyone. It is important to show some patience and understand but also allow the other party to explain themselves.

Te best thing is not too worry about the people we can't get on with, connect with or be friends with. Instead it is best to stay around those that are close
and maybe in the future more, better relationships will follow. We must also not think anybody as an enemy even if they don't want a friendship or any sort of social interaction with us.

1 comment:

NSR said...

Very beautifully said! You're such a great person - a friend to everyone. GOD bless you always!