Saturday 15 September 2007

New members Dinner Testimony

After a very long time I found myself accepting Christ and becoming a Christian again. During early 2005 I was staying in an Island called Penang in Malaysia and met a brother in the swimming pool near where I was staying. This brother called Bryan from Johor Bahru (Malaysia) invited me to come and join a Care Group on a Wednesday evening.

I wasn’t quite sure what a care Group was but decided to go anyway, being there felt strange but the people were nice and friendly. I enjoyed it very much but wasn’t sure if I would come again. However I decided to return and after a few care Groups I got more into it and was invited to come to church, I wasn’t sure at first but decided to go along although I wasn’t really a Christian. I felt really encouraged by what went on at Church and eventually found myself accepting Christ.

I returned to UK three months later (May 2005) and although I was put in touch with people like Pastor PK, Vincent and Felix. However I still resisted joining Hope London although I met up with Kenny from Hope London who invited to come to church. I felt at the time that Hope London was too far to travel and it would cost me more on travel.

In November 2006 I went back to Malaysia for a 3 week holiday and again returned to Hope Penang. They were very happy to see me after a long while and then asked me whether I had visited Hope London. I told that I haven’t, because it was too far and had no time. Lee King, Care Group leader from leader persuaded me to go and visit Hope London at least once a month. I promised that I would do that.

When I returned to London at the end of November I continued to resist going to hope London as I didn’t manage to find the time. I eventually went on 17th December 2006 for my first ever Sunday service. I intended in going to YMCA in Errol Street but checked the website and found it was at Kings Cross Baptist church. I was quite anxious going there as I didn’t really know anyone. I met 11 people there including Pastor PK, Anchalee, Vincent, Jo, Eldos and Kim. I told Vincent that I would come once a month because of the distance but ended up coming every week. However at times I struggled to really commit to pray, to worship and to even come to the front. I was really happy with being in Hope London as the people were friendly, understanding and kind towards me.

The more I came It got a bit easier and found myself opening up to God more and found that I became more excited in coming to church then I used to. At present I feel that I am closer to God and when I worship or pray tears do fall from my eyes. I do also enjoy fellowship with others as I get many chances to know them, attend birthday parties and go on holiday with them. I have even given my personal testimony in the church and two other testimonies in the Easter and Euro Camps.

I do hope to become more active at church as I hope to mature as a Christian. So far I have carried out care group and church duties and hope to carry out more challenging duties in the future.

No comments: